Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Music Box




Holding the music box from long ago
The music within still plays as if new
Bringing back the past in a rush

Remembering the times we were close
Reading old cards filled with loving prose
Feeling the warmth from long ago

The music box continues to play
Inside the treasures are kept
Brittle and fragile-still they hold magic

Memories precious beyond worth
Whirling in my mind as I watch
The ballerina as she turns and turns

The music ingrains itself in my mind
Flower fragrances penetrating my senses
The clink of crystal glasses and whispered love

Yes they are only memories
A comforting gift in the middle of the night
Still bringing smiles and remembered joy

With gentle care I close the lid to the music box
Closing my eyes as the glow of candles softly light the night
Wishing those days from long ago here again


© 2010 30 june/cb

No comments: