Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Closing Circles



Sighing deeply; I remember all that has passed and what is happening in the present. These last few years have not exactly been kind to me.  Not so much in the physical sense but more in the emotional sense.


Fiscal plans that did not exactly go as planned. Dear friends stretched out helping hands-without them I am not sure what I would have done.  They are-in truth- my true family.  Another first-at least for me-I must admit I finally hit that mythical glass ceiling.  A ceiling which never bothered me in past years but now-it exists.  They call it ageism.  Shhh! It is a secret that the world of employment doesn’t want you to know.  Unfortunately it is a truth that many of us will not be able to avoid.  They value the experience but are not in the market to compensate.  They prefer the younger less experienced with all the drama that goes with it.  However with that said, I am a fish that adapts.  *grins* At least I am not sushi!!  I will not be eaten!!


Now family feuds-there-it is not a game!  Unfortunately the saying of blood is thicker than water-does not apply-at least not in my family.  What used to appear as a tight-knit family has turned into a nightmare!  I am afraid that with the death of my Father-Mother was left to the mercies of a very ruthless family.  It is appalling what money will do to people.  Greed reared its ugly head and the infection went deep.  Mother felt it as it drained her will to live.  She uncluttered her life-which included people; she called it closing circles. Sadly, the people were members of her family. She left this life saddened by what she considered her failure.  It was not her failure but that of her own flesh and blood.  Vultures that circled live meat-picking at it until it finally died. What they never realized was that she finally closed circles-she knew who and what each person was.  They were too blind to see.  They wanted only the money and the property.  She had the last laugh-she gave it all to charity.  There was nothing left for any of them.


The Patriarch and Matriarch are gone.  Before they left this life, my parents were informed and yes I told them.  It was time for the blindfolds to come off.  It was not a move for revenge but rather an effort to help them realize what bastards their children had become. They took it upon themselves to investigate and found the truth they sought.
The life they had they built with honor; what they prepared for the family was for not.  They left a legacy-one of which I am proud of. However it was not what the siblings expected.


The siblings can and will continue to pick at one another but they will do it without me.  The drama they seek will not come from me.  Each one has had many things to hide-all of which I know but have never exposed to the world. However, they know I know and it kills them. 


Circles are closing-closing-closed.


A tremendous weight has finally lifted.  My life is now my own.  My wings are back and I fly.




MSM ©December 31, 2014

No comments: