Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Card




I shopped and shopped for the PERFECT card
But alas-there was not one to be had!
So in despair there came an idea
What better than to write an original one!

So here I am-writing and writing
Many drafts are scattered about me on the floor
My frustration growing more-desperation stepping in
I close my eyes for a moment-taking a deep breath

Now my pen starts to flow
Words start to bleed from the pen tip
Stroke upon stroke-periods and commas
Capital letters and exclamation points

My heart-my love-my everything!
How many times can one say that?
How many different ways are there?
Poets of the ages have won me on this

After what seems hours
Finally I take a long look at what I have written
My eyes start to tear; my heart trembles
A realization hits home true

Taking a clean piece of parchment
With fluid and graceful hand I write
“I love You!”
Simple and sincere

My Valentine’s Day card
Sent to you with pure and simple love
Desire contained in that simple phrase
Sealed with a kiss

©2011 feb/cb

No comments: