Sunday, November 16, 2014

An Angel's Face





Her eyes look at me when she thinks I don’t see
The beams of hatred feel like shards of glass plunging into me
Her words cut my skin like tiny knives

She waits for my reaction; waiting to see me run
I have learned to bite my tongue; many times bleeding
The hurt inside is terrible; the years have done nothing to lessen

My protection has been the promise forced at a death
A death that should have released her but instead bound her
Her retaliation was then her words used against those I love
Forcing the abandonment she wants yet it only fueled that hate

She has put scars on my emotions; my psyche
I carry physical scars on my scalp and face-no one knows
Yet I can forgive and even forget

There are times where she is kind; I want to love her
Then she has to spoil it by saying
It’s her house and she hates me as she points to the door


MSM©Oct 2014

No comments: