Sunday, November 16, 2014

Knocking on Heaven’s Door






Knocking on Heaven’s Door            

Runny noses and tears on my face
Painful scratches from the cats
Falling due to my own clumsiness

Breathing in the smoggy air
Feeling the heat of the day
Wishing for the cold weather to start

The taste of food that is yummy
And that taste that is so foul your stomach rebels
The memories which linger longer than you like

Anticipating that first kiss
This was not what you thought it would be
Until years later when you meet the love of your life

The sound of that virile voice
Quickening my pulse
As touching brings me full circle

Bringing forth a new life
Getting fat and lumpy
Hearing those first wonderful sounds

It is the feeling of emotions
The daily wave of joy and sadness
The occasional anger which stays or leaves

The rush of emotions
As politics are discussed
Debates won and lost

Meeting different people
Adjusting to different mentalities
Enjoying the experience of new cultures

They say that heaven is perfect
No couples, partners or individual love
No human touches-no sex

That is not my idea of heaven
Why would I want to not feel anything again
That is called death

Heaven is here-right on my doorstep
It is here on earth
Where my humanity is

This is where I will stay
Until my time is up
Until my humanity dies

Do not bury me but allow me to fly
My ashes spreading across the land and sea
Now just let me fly


©MSM October 2014

No comments: