Sunday, May 23, 2010

i like



i like the rain...and how it makes noises on the glass
i like the rainbows...when the sun shines through the rain
i like the clouds...fluffy, stormy, wispy or not at all!


i like to drive...topless in the warmth of the sun
i like the speed...the feel of the wind upon my face
i like the road...winding, long, short but a path to follow


i like ice cream...the creamy smoothness of it all
i like lazy days...it is the day meant for blissful emptiness of mind
i like observing...people and all their idiosyncratic ways


i like intelligence...in the animals, mammals and humans
i like simplicity...simply that-simplicity
i like time...even when it slips through my fingers


i liked my childhood...the innocence and freedom
i liked my teen years...rebel without a cause!
i like my adult years...despite the variations and fluctuations


i like to live...to feel all the sensations of life
all that encompass the heart and soul
all that makes me...me!


© 2010 may 23/cb

1 comment:

esk said...

Great poem - a quick glance into who you are.