Friday, August 13, 2010

Bewildered



Look at me and tell me what you see
Is it the color of my skin?
Is it the way I wear my clothes?
Is it the cut and color of my hair?

Tell me what you think of my religion
Do I worship in a Church, a Temple or a Mosque?
Do I worship in the outdoors under the light of the moon?
Is my God-your God–our God-or is there a God?

Tell me what you hear
When I speak to you-When I offer an opinion
Is there an accent for you to hear?
Do you close your ears and block me out?

If I am different from you
Why is my blood the same color as yours?
Why do I hurt the same as you?
Why do I cry as you?

Do you expect me not to fight back?
Am I to bear all your insults and spittle?
Am I to stay silent just so you feel better?
Am I not allowed to fight back?

Look at me and just tell me
Is it my gayness, my religion, my political stance?
We are the same you and me
Why is it that you cannot see?

Tell me when it was that I lost my humanity
When you felt superior to me
When all you said was right and I became wrong
Tell me so that I can know-why you hate me so!




© 2010 13 august/cb




No comments: