Monday, August 16, 2010

The Art of Living



My fear is not in the death of my fragile body
It is in the loss of my mind long before my body dies
As my body gives out-I want to remember!

I want to remember that moment of my birth
When I drew my first breath – feeling that shock of first awareness
My molecules at the most base level screaming  as they are torn apart

My strength growing with my joy of life – may I survive!
I want to age with the fluid grace of wrinkles and sagging skin
To finally die with dignity – without the disturbing prolonging of medical technology

I want my memories to be as varied- crystal clear-as my life was
Filled with the sadness, the happiness, the love and the disturbed
As I die - let me feel the pain of life as it flows out of me

In the end – my life should be a canvas
Where one can go and sit and wonder with awe
At the art of living – through the process of dying

© 2010 16 august/cb

No comments: