Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No Pity



Tonight the air was thick with humidity
My skin sticky from the clinging moisture
There was no reprieve from the tortuous heat

I sit and watch you; a wounded animal looking for safety
The emotions crossing your face clearly displayed
Communicated your anger-frustration-darkness inside you

The noise of the ancient air-conditioning unit
Creaking on its last mechanical legs
Trying in vain to cool the air – to cool us down

Tonight we have fought; two desperate animals
Dragons breathing fire-not giving an inch
Our bodies showed no damage but inside we bleed

Your dark mood is out of control
The verbiage spewing from you has battered me
You have showed no mercy in the your pummels

Your breathing is still ragged from pent up rage
Much as your shirt clings to you as a second skin
Your eyes meet mine; I lose myself within its depths

You have taken me there; that place of darkness
With that voyage you make me open up; showed me how to let go
Within your pain a lesson you taught; you inspired me to fly!

It is with a harsh realization; reaction is swift
We do not belong together yet my soul cries out; asking for compassion
The answer I find within the depth of your eyes; no mercy given

No longer able to cool anything down; with a final creak
The ancient air conditioning unit finally dies
Silently I get up to open windows; instead I walk out the door



© 2010 17 august/cb

No comments: