Monday, June 21, 2010

Days Before Summer





In these last few days before the start of summer


I have thought about what I have lost


The most precious of these losses –at least for me


Has been the loss of time-precious time






I often wonder if I had done something different


If maybe I had said something with more wit or intelligence


If I had declared my feelings with more fervor-more passion


Would things have been different or maybe it would not have mattered






On cold winters evenings or in the coolness of the spring nights


These thoughts have stayed with me-like snowflakes which will not melt


Eventually these thoughts formed frozen ice balls-icicles


This with time would start to melt drop by drop






Each drop contained a memory-a smile-a sigh-emotions


These are things that will never leave me


They are treasures beyond any monetary value


Yet with the passing of time-they will slowly fade






These thoughts have piles one on top of the other


Leaf after leaf forming a unique book containing puzzles


Some I have solved through the years while others still need answers


I have no idea if any of those will ever find answers






Time is slowly running out on me-I feel this deeply


In the last few days before the start of summer


I have sat inside a clear glass ball and watched


As the world around me told me of its stories











© 2010 21 june/cb

No comments: