Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Endings





Monday is here and once again the weekend flew by


Friday night the bar was filled with no one there who struck my eye


Saturday was date night and boy, he was just not my type!


A few words into conversation at dinner and I knew the truth






Sunday morning I woke up in my bed alone and lonely


Since church is not my particular strongpoint; I went jogging instead


The path upon which I run is in the rainforest by the house


Everything is green with the smells of moss, moisture and insects






As I run there is a conversation going on inside my head


Am I programmed to constantly meet the wrong man?


Maybe I should get rid of the social page – no more MySpace


All the cyber stalking will certainly end – that is a bonus in itself!






As a woman I have been taught to decode what a man says


While men try to get as much as they can without committing


This is a modern romance world and so many avenues are open


Everything is instantaneous; email, voicemail, sms, mms and yes, mobile!






There are so many unexpected twists and turns-scenarios untold


Is the kind of man I am searching for even exist or is he just a myth?


Do I continue to keep accepting any man who smiles in the hopes of getting laid?


Am I the exception to unhappy relationships or am I the rule?






My breathing is now in time with my stride; concentrating on the trail


My eyes note the leaves and the trees-even the small stones along the way


As I run I start to feel the lightness I always do-endorphins kicking in


Remarkable this clears my head as suddenly an inspiration hits me






Maybe happy endings is not about the perfect love in your life


Maybe, it is really finally being happy with yourself


Knowing that the person in the mirror – the one who has your eyes


Is the one who is most important and deserves to be – Happy!






With that thought firmly planted in my head - I kick into high gear


Finishing the trail in record time – I slowly jog back to the car


Fishing out my keys and starting the engine, I head for home


Stopping at Starbuck’s along the way to happily warm my insides





© 2010 05 jun/cb

2 comments:

Jibey said...

I enjoyed this jog.. the brush strokes that fill in the path create the scene; the thoughts of the runner are so typical of what may run through our heads when exercising...

..but how do we know what we want? and how do we learn to manage e-friendships, when hearts and minds reach out for consolation and warmth, confused too about needs and wants, yet so thankful when there is a hand to hold..

Anonymous said...

yes..very typical. i do this all the time.
what struck me was really how many ways we have to communicate and how complicated things today are. it is no longer just meeting someone at the neighborhood bar, or the friend of a friend. it is truly an age of internet, modern technology type of penpal/letter writing dating and meeting of people.
just some thoughts of how we meet...
and yes...it is always nice to be able to actually hold someones hand.