Friday, June 4, 2010

Just Saying...





Just saying...

Dad always said:


Careful who you walk with, they determine who you are





So why is it that I get upset when your friends are not “good?”


When I catch you flirting and talking with such familiarity






Mom always says:


Don’t do anything that looks bad but is good AND


Don’t do anything that looks good but is bad...



Why is it that I get upset that something that looks so innocent?


Turns out to be such a bad cover up for the things you do






My Grandfather said:


Never tell even white lies, they catch up with you
 

Why is it that the questions I ask only lead me to ask more questions?


When you don’t seem to answer the questions to begin with?






I always say:


It is what it is

 


Why is it that I get so upset even though I know things are what they are?


Is it because things really are what they are or have I deluded myself?






You always tell me:


I will never lie because I love you


I never doubt until some little thing triggers an argument


Then I start to question myself – question you






Just saying that not all we do seems to be quite honest


Our masks seem to be interchangeable and colorful





We have spent many minutes, hours, days and weeks


Talking up a storm but lately we are tripping on stones





Just saying are we who we are and what we are meant to be?


Or is it really just what it is - which might be nothing at all





Just saying...that is all



© 2010 4 jun/cb

No comments: