Friday, June 4, 2010

Somewhere In Time





I closed my eyes last night exhausted from the day


Soon I entered my escape; my dream world


I wandered among the fields of gold and green


Covered with poppies, butterflies and sweet smells






In the distance was a large white house


White with a pure innocence trimmed with green


It seemed to float atop a field of green grasses


The long drive was lined with oak trees as tall as the heavens






In the distance you could hear the singing of gospel songs


A comforting sound punctuated by the sounds of the horses


The scent of magnolias and cabbage roses filled the air


The crunch of the gravel beneath my feet told me this was real






In the distance; to one side of the house there was a figure


It was a man chopping wood; sweaty from the work in the sun


There were others whitewashing the side of the house


Behind me the sound of a trotting horse alerted me






Sitting astride the his saddle he cut quite a figure


His laughter caught my attention until I realized what I wore


Then all I could do was blush which only made him laugh more


The sheerness of my nightgown did nothing to hide my figure






He jumped down from his horse and quickly placed his coat on me


His fingers lightly brushed my shoulders making me shiver


His voice was still filled with laughter as he asked me if I was ok


This made me blush furiously as now I knew I was very exposed!






He turned me around to talk to me face to face, my face turned up


The sun high in the sky blinded me for a moment, blurring my vision


With a sudden breath I opened my eyes as I realized this was not a dream


The city traffic noises floated through my window as I realized it was dawn







© 2010 4 jun/cb

2 comments:

Jibey said...

You create the scene with assured brush strokes - the magnolias, the man chopping wood... and then the dream rider and your diaphanous nightgown, creating a sense of excitement and anticipation as his hands touched your warm body...

There is a reality in the world of the imagination that can be more real that the reality of the daily round...

I felt I came close to it here and was thrilled as the strong horse stood by, its smooth flanks hot from its journey, its rider excited and ready, the nightgown quivering in the slight breeze and the beautiful body beneath trembling in anticipation...

I wanted to be the rider.

Kali said...

hmm...you added some additional things which would have made it more of a short story...

i like the additions. i bet that we would be able to collaborate well!