Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Star Fish Story




In front of the door of the shell house I found this morning two starfish.

And I thought...

They both look very tired, so I took them into the house.

After they had been drinking coffee, they were a little livelier.

Unsolicited, one of the starfish began to tell a story.

A story of love lost and found.

After a while the other began to cry.

I asked: Why are you crying, little starfish?

And he answered:

"I wanted everything and everything was lost"

And I said:

"Most of the things we find are not worthy to be preserved.

But these things attach themselves to us like chewing gum on shoe soles.

And you know what?

Because we do not take care of it we will never get rid of.

But sometimes we find something, and it seems perfect.

It is volatile. We want to keep it. And we want to improve it.”

We think:

This is so great.. How can I make it much better?

And we ask and ask; questioning.

Turn answers into questions.

Turn questions into answers.

Desires are awakened. Wishes we never had.

And suddenly we are disappointed

For nothing of all this we wanted to come true.



"Why is this so?"

Asked the little starfish

"Because we are all so full and packed full of ourselves.

There is no space in us-only gaps. We get this perfect just not into it,

we cannot make it a part of us!"



"What would be the solution? If there is only but one?"

Asked the little starfish.



"The solution" I answered,"the solution,

Is to be like an empty glass.

Let the other to pour into it.

His story, his dreams, his hopes and his wishes.

Do not ask;

Do I like that? Do I want that? Can I accept that?

Just feel. Feel and wait.

Maybe something unexpected happens.

Rebirth

Complement

Transformation!"



"I don`t understand that!"

Said the little starfish



"You wanted everything and now, you have nothing.

Attempted to be nothing to get everything!"



"I don’t know if I can!"

Said the starfish



"It is always worth a try!"



There was a little uncomfortable pause.

As always, if no one knows what would have to say.



"Apology...!"

Said the other starfish in the quiet,

"Could we have another coffee?"





© 2010 15 June/King Awesome

 
*a gift given
so that light flowed once more
as life found its wings
and happiness smiled

No comments: