Sunday, June 20, 2010

Shopping List









Off to the supermarket in my little royal blue coupe


Searching out and parking in the most roomy of spaces


Making sure that there was no one close


Out I hop with my keys in hand, purse and list






Grabbing that cart and checking to see if it’s clean


Now I can place my handbag where the child would be


Placing my Bluetooth in its comfy place


Making sure the mobile is handy, just in case!






Stepping through those clean glass sliding doors


The coolness within greets me mingling with the fresh scents


Placing my sunglasses upon my head, allowing my eyes to adjust


Looking around, taking a deep breath, off I go to the first aisle






First I hit the paper aisle-need to have tissues and toilettes


Second aisle is the wine, followed by the aisle with cheeses


Third aisle, well let me see, that would be the oils and scented candles


We must not forget to get the matches so they can be lit and warmed!






Let’s see now, oh yes, next is the dairy aisle!


Ice cream, chocolate syrup and whipped cream-yummy!


I must not forget-swinging over to the fruit section


Strawberries, bananas, grapes and, yes, some carrots






Now I must hurry and off to the butcher section


Time to pick out the meat of which I desire


Some steak, rump roast and hot dogs of course!


Making sure that they are as fresh as could be






I almost forgot to check the hair and eye colors


I have to make sure that the smile is pearly white


His laughter has to be wholesome as well


Not that it matters much as long as all else functions






Finally I checked my list-went through it twice


Yes all is here and I am ready to check out


Standing in line-waiting my turn


He has actually made me blush!






As I start to leave the store-out of the cart he jumps


He takes my keys-unloads the cart-then proceeds to open my door


A silly smile upon my face as I watched him seat himself next to me


With a knowing smile he tweaks my nose-leaving me even redder!






With a satisfied sigh and a wide grin


Happily I maneuver my little royal blue coupe home


Upon arrival he steps out and brings in the toys


As with a devilish grin I head toward the boudoir







© 2010 21 june/cb

No comments: