Sunday, June 13, 2010

Three Cowpokes




Three cowpokes


Rode into town


As I sit here on the porch


Keeping an eye on things in town






Being sheriff


It has its downs


It has its perks






Yup...saw them come


Against the setting sun


Shadowed faces; large brimmed hats


Guns hung low upon their hips






Looked like trouble they did


Have to watch close; shouldn’t be too hard


The sun lit their faces for a moment


lol! The Cute-The Bad-and The Ooze!!!


lol






Guess you can call them "the perks" lol


Just have to look around


The women are starting to gather


Yup...gonna be trouble in town tonight....






Music is heard just down the street


These boys don't realize this town is full of women


...no men


As they saunter over; I watching them go


Walking with stealth-animal gait






Hmmm....


Nice walks...


Nice view......


I can stay here all night!






My mind wanders to past times


What it would be like...


Been too long since the last time


A cowboy was ridden...






Sighing...back to business here


Settled back listening to the town


Start to settle for the eve






Soon the sounds of laughter


Float thru the air


Masculine mixed with the feminine


How I wished to be there






Duty calls


Holds me here


Need to keep an eye


On this sleepy feminine town






Soon shots ring out


Springing to my feet


Checking on my gun


Making sure it was ready as I run






Getting closer I see a crowd has formed


Pushing my way in the crowd opens up


On the ground lay one of them cowboys


A hole in his chest; I guess i named him well


....oozing blood






Guess his appeal


Proved to be too much


Or maybe


Not enough!






One of the others


Scratches on his face


The cuteness will fade


Replaced by scars






The last, he was just too drunk


Bent over was he but when he lifted his face


Numbness is what you saw


The women involved had guns in their hands






These cowboys could not have known






It was the wrong night to look for feminine company


These women here had no interest in men


Nor will they ever






Sadly, the one on the ground


Will never live to tell


What he really saw that night


The other two were pale and flushed


Gathered their horses and rode out of town






Doc came took the body


While I went back to duty


Took my place back on the porch


Watching over this sleepy town


Of femininity







© 2008 27 march/cb

No comments: